What not to do when wearing your moissanite engagement ring
- by LuBu
Here are some things to avoid when wearing your moissanite diamond engagement ring:
- Removing it in public: It’s best to keep your engagement ring on your finger in public, as taking it off and putting it back on could increase the risk of losing it or damaging it.
- Wearing it during physical activity: Avoid wearing your engagement ring during physical activities such as working out, playing sports, or doing household chores. This will help prevent damage to the ring and potential injury to yourself.
- Wearing it in water: It’s best to take off your engagement ring before swimming or taking a shower, as soap, chlorine, and other chemicals can damage the ring’s metal and setting, and could potentially cause the diamond or gemstone to loosen.
- Wearing it when applying lotion or makeup: Lotions, perfumes, and makeup can leave residue on your ring, which can cause buildup and discolouration over time. It’s best to take off your engagement ring when applying these products.
- Sleeping with it on: It’s not recommended to wear your engagement ring while sleeping, as it could become loose or damaged. It’s best to remove it and store it in a safe place overnight.
- Wearing it with other jewellery: Avoid wearing your engagement ring with other jewellery on the same finger, as it could scratch or damage both pieces. It’s best to wear your engagement ring alone on its own finger.
- Cleaning it improperly: It’s important to clean your engagement ring regularly to maintain its shine and sparkle. However, avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials, as they can damage the metal and setting. Instead, use a soft-bristled brush and mild soap and water to clean the ring.
- Neglecting maintenance: Regular maintenance, such as prong tightening and polishing, is important to keep your engagement ring in top condition. Make sure to have your ring checked by a professional jeweller every 6-12 months to ensure its durability and longevity.
One more thing to consider is insurance. Engagement rings can be expensive, and it’s important to protect your investment in case of loss, theft, or damage.
Consider getting insurance for your engagement ring through a reputable insurance provider. Make sure to read the policy carefully and understand what is covered and what is not. In the event of a claim, having an appraisal and documentation of the ring’s value and characteristics can be helpful.
Remember, taking proper care of your engagement ring will ensure it stays beautiful and lasts a lifetime.
Here are some things to avoid when wearing your moissanite diamond engagement ring: One more thing to consider is insurance. Engagement rings can be expensive, and it’s important to protect your investment in case of loss, theft, or damage. Consider getting insurance for your engagement ring through a reputable insurance provider. Make sure to read…